The World as I See It

Its about me, Bitch!!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

I know, I know, I totally lost interest in this blog in the past few months. Well, not so much did I totally lose interest as I just didn't have time to write. Well, I'm baaaaack! I think I rediscovered the beauty in the written word yesterday. Not that I ever forgot it, but--well, I'll just share a couple of chunks that caught my attention. I miss poetry.

This is from a character doing spoken word in a movie called Brother to Brother:

Amid conflicting reports the truth emerges
Course edged, an ungentle blade for peeling back the night skin
It requires great strength in the hands,
A strength not as obvious as muscles.
I believe what I feel moves unsaid in the air between us
Satellite blackouts.
It is true,
Some of the people we love, are terrorists.
___________
This, I don't know the title to, but it's by Bruce Nugent, a harlem renaissance era brotha:

It was almost as though it had journeyed to meet him
The night was so blue.
If colors could be heard, he'd paint most wounderous tunes.
Symphonious.
Think.
The dulcet clear tone of a blue-like night
He blew a cloud of smoke
Soon the smoke would rise
and he would clothe the silver smoke in blue smoke garments.
Truly, smoke is like imagination.
______________
Good GOD, I love words!! Don't you?! Stay tuned.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home